Further from the gate of Yetsuyu, on the Kosykaido tract there was a western outpost of Edo Yetsuyu Okido, even further from the outpost was the first station on this

Further from the gate of Yetsuyu, on the Kosykaido tract there was a western outpost of Edo Yetsuyu Okido, even further from the outpost was the first station on this
The bridge in the foreground of the engraving is called Oma-kagehasi. It is transferred through the aqueduct of Kanda-jesuy. A small bridge in the background of the engraving is probably
On the island of Mukojima, on the left bank of the Sumidagawa River, there was a Shinto-no Mori Shinto shrine in the forest, dedicated to the Sumidagawa River. The main
The area in the Minato area near the mountain of Atagoyama was one of the most aristocratic districts of Edo, where the daimyo mansions and houses of noble samurais were
The village of Minova was located south of the Senju station along the Osyukaydo tract and was formerly called Haradzyukuta. Before the construction of the Shanjiu Ohashi Bridge, there was
Mount Atagoyama was in the east of the city of Edo in the Yamanote district, where the daimyo mansions and high-ranking samurai Edo were located. Hiroshige portrayed the view from
In the center of the engraving is the largest canal of Kanda-Dziuyu, which was built by order of Bakufu to provide the capital with drinking water. It originated in the
Edo was a unique city, dense urban buildings adjoining it with rice paddies, orchards, parks of temples and sanctuaries. The Tonegawa River was famous in the Edo period for its
The quarter where the brothels were located, was founded in 1617 and was called Esivara, which literally means “Cane Field”. But soon the original hieroglyphs were replaced with exactly the
The locality, called Yamashita, was at the eastern slope of Mount Ueno. The area of Wenoyamasita was originally constructed to prevent a fire. The engraving depicts a road between the
Siba is a coastal region stretching from the bridge of Siodobebasi in the north to the Takanava district in the south. The river Furukawa in this place changed its name
On the southern tip of the Teppozu shoal, depicted in the previous engraving, was the Akasit Quarter, where in the Meiji era the government permitted settling the Europeans. The territory
It is believed that the name Sandaga came from the main fishery of local peasants harvesting firewood in the surrounding forest, overgrown with trees sendan. Then they were brought to
Monastery Zenkoji of the Tendai school was located in a place called Kawaguchi. It was a branch of the sanctuary, built almost 1400 years ago in Nagano Prefecture, also called
From the Surugate quarter, located near Nihonbashi, a magnificent view of Mount Fuji and the castle of Shogun was opened. This place was very popular among the townspeople. Hiroshige chose
Tsukuda-Zima Island is located at the mouth of the Sumidagawa River. At the beginning of the 17th century, Tokugawa Ieyasu moved a special decree to Edo, thirty-six fishermen – especially
Previously, until the bridge of Senzujoshi was built for crossing to the other bank of the Sumidagawa River, it was possible to get to the island of Mukojima, using the
Before the viewer, the same distant view of the two-headed Pukubayama mountain unfolds, but somewhat from a different angle. Hiroshige portrayed another Asukayama slope, where the ancient Shinto shrine of
The river Kebasigawa was called the upper course of the Canutebori Canal, which served to pass the vessels towards the Edo Gulf. The bridge over the river Kebasigawa was called
The rise from the Ueno mountains to the Asakusa mountain suddenly breaks off, and from this precipice the river Syakudzigawa flows. Between the two heights a ravine is formed. On
Behind the gates of Sudzitigaimon was a square that served to prevent a fire. From her departed eight roads, hence the name – Yatsukoji: “Eight streets.” In Japan, often used