In this engraving, Hiroshige shows the distant environs of Edo – the area of Hakkeizak. A beautiful view of the bay opens from the slope of Hakkeizak – Slope Eight

In this engraving, Hiroshige shows the distant environs of Edo – the area of Hakkeizak. A beautiful view of the bay opens from the slope of Hakkeizak – Slope Eight
Earlier than Shin-Fuji, Hiroshige showed it in the previous sheet, was built by Moto-Fuji – the original Fuji. The appearance of such structures can also be explained by the difficulties
Bridge Eitaybashi, built in 1698, was located in the lower reaches of the Sumidagawa River, between Hakozaki and Sagate. The island of Tsukudajima, visible on the horizon, was inundated. It
The area depicted by Hiroshige is not very large, although it is located in the center of Edo, near the castle of the shogun. On the right is a mound,
The Bikunibashi Bridge was the first bridge to cross the river Kebasigawa, which flowed from the Outer Ditch in the east of the Edodze Castle. First, the word “Bikuni” denoted
In the area of Meguro were created two artificial mountains associated with the cult of Fuji. Pilgrimages for the worship of the deity Fuji-gongen began in the 9th century, during
The Nihonbashi quarter was located around the Nihonbashi bridge. Here there were dwellings and shops of the most successful Edo merchant class, for example, the trading houses of the houses
Once on the banks of the Onagigawa Canal five pines grew, but by the time of creation of this engraving, only one pine had survived, which Hiroshige depicted. Although the
Hiroshige depicts one of the training grounds in the north-western suburb of Edo, built in 1636 by order of the third shogun Iemiju in the territory of the house of
The name “Bakurote” comes from the name of the horse traders – Bakuro and means “Feeding the horses”. Bakurote was the starting point of the Osjukai-do tract. Here was the
After a major fire “Nakasode”, which occurred in 1657, one of the main bridges of the Eastern capital – “Ohashi” was built. But the name of Regokubashi, the Bridge of
The Sakurakaido tract led into the Simousa-no kuni sakura area, the path traditionally began from the Nihonbashi bridge in Edo. Further, it passed through the Khondze area, along the Tategava
The name Sitaia came from the location of this place by the Ueno hill. Here passed the road Sitayahirokokzi, along which the shogun came to the temple of Kanailzi. After
Hiroshige depicted the territory of the sanctuary Akiba-digongensya in the village of Ukietimura. It was built on the donation of the lime Honda in 1702. The shrine is dedicated to
Nippori was located between Yanaka and Dokanyama in the northwest of the Ueno and Asukayama mountains. In the east, there were cliffs, from which a beautiful view of the rice
In front of the spectator a winter landscape opens with a view of the pond Sinobadzu no Ike. In the heart of the pond on the island was the sanctuary
Until the middle of the 17th century, the area of Susaki in the east of Fukugawa was under the waters of the Gulf. In 1659, Sunamura Sindzaemon from Osaka drained
The monastery Kinryudzan – the Mountain of the Golden Dragon – is known in another reading as Asakusa-dera. The five-story pagoda and the massive hondo building, painted in red, are
In this engraving, Hiroshige uses the same method of contrasting contrasting plans, sharply pushing the feet and hands of the boatman to the forefront. Hiroshige chooses the most characteristic motive
Rakandzi’s temple belonged to Obak-shu, one of the directions of Zen Buddhism, which came from China in the 17th century. He was among the rice fields between the rivers Tategava
The hill stretching from the mountains of Ueno to Asukayama was crossed by the river Syakudzigawa. The viewer has a view of the part of the river passing through the