In 1646, the monk of Otorii Nobusuke cut out the image of Sugawara no Mitizane, from the sacred tree of the quinai plum and built a chapel in which he installed the statue in the village of Kameido. Thus, the beginning of the Sanctuary of Tenjin in Kamedo was laid. It was dedicated to Sugawara no Mitizane-the minister and poet of the Heian period, exiled to Kyushu, where he died, and deified after death, as the patron of scholars and students, and also as Thunder God. He was buried in the temple of Dadzaifu Tenman-gu, not far from Fukuoka, so the sanctuary of Tenjin is also called Eastern Dadzaifu.
The color of the later version of the engraving acquires a more decorative character. The sky, the visible floor of a round bridge, is painted in a dark blue color, it does not match the color of the sky behind the bridge, as in the initial version. The dark blue bar at the top turns into red.