Bryullov Alexander Pavlovich – architect, portrait painter, son of the sculptor of ornamental artist PI Briullov, the elder brother of the artist KP Bryullov. He studied with his father and at the Academy of Arts. Together with his brother he was sent abroad as a pensioner, he worked mainly in Italy.
In 1829 he returned to Russia. Received the title of academician. His projects in St. Petersburg erected the Mikhailovsky Theater, the Lutheran Church of St. Peter and Paul, the building of the Pulkovo Observatory, the Headquarters of the Guards Corps and other buildings.
In 1837, he participated in the reconstruction of the interiors destroyed by fire in the Winter Palace. Master of watercolor portrait, author of lithographed views of St. Petersburg.